I have always loved letters. For years, my friends and I wrote letters to each other. I have made a study of love letters. I have read hundreds of letters sent from one heart to another but I have never received a love letter myself. I've spent a lifetime waiting not only to be a receiver of love letters, but also a writer. I wrote my letters to a ghost, and I tried to give it shape. I tried to turn the mist into something solid, something my pen could reach out and touch.
Each night, my dreams take me from one love to another. As I sleep, I am the ghost. I pass from one world into the next but am never substantial enough to survive the dawn. Dreams do not create reality. The strength of a soul cannot lend solidity to a ghost.

0 comments:
Post a Comment