2.22.2011

Dreams #15, 16

The first:

I'm on a spaceship, but it's not Serenity - it's more of an Enterprisey ship. I'm in a room with several other people who are trying to convince me that I should let them put this freaky gross long white tapeworm thing on my back that will scan me for something, save the ship or the world, etc. After arguing with them back and forth for a long time, I say that I will only do it if Nathan Fillion asks me to and if he does it.

The second:

I read for a part in a movie. There's a screening on the beach - there are about 50-100 of us who read for one of these small parts there, and we have to watch the movie before we find out who got the part. The beach slopes down towards the water, and the folding chairs seem somewhat precarious and set too close to each other. I pick a seat, and the people surrounding me start insulting and swearing at me. When my chair wobbles and I accidentally knock into one of them, the person pushes me. I actually stand up and defend myself and ask them what their problem is. The director comes over and yells at them, but I don't remember iof he kicked them out or not. I move a few rows towards the back with the dorks and ask if I can sit with them. They look around for a minute, trying to figure out how to rearrange their seats to accommodate me, and I sit down next to this skinny kid with long, curly dark hair.

The dream flashes to us sitting in an indoor theater, one of those really old ones that look like an opera house. I'm still sitting in one of the back rows with the same group of guys. I'm talking to the skinny kid about how may auditions he goes to (a lot) and where he lives (Georgetown). We're discussing setting up some sort of schedule so he can come and visit me.

I'm back outside, talking to this woman who is threatening to sue or ruin the guy I'm with, who has been taking pictures of orchids that are across the border in Mexico. I ask her if she will agree not to press charges if I can get him to return the photos and agree not to take them anymore. I go back inside the theater and scramble over the people in the row to talk to him and tell him what's going on.

Then it flashes to what movie is playing - some Rob Zombie horror movie. I'm not looking at the screen, because it's really disgusting. Then we're in this hotel room and it turns out that the movie is real. This middle-aged, rather large woman with thin, scraggly black hair is in her bed - rather, her torso is. She's been chopped in two. Her torso sits upright in the bed, surrounded by blood.

0 comments: