I had an interview today for a job at one of Cornell University's thousand or so libraries. It's a long shot - they're interviewing an official crapload of people, so I'm not expecting anything. It's pretty much my ideal job, long commute aside. Books, a coffee shop IN the library...can't beat that.
There was a funny moment during the interview though, when we were talking about my language skills. One of the interviewers asked me why I'd started studying Chinese and I stammered for a second before admitting it was for a kind of dorky reason and then said the one, magic word: Firefly. Lucky for me, two of the interviewers were fellow Browncoats, and we all had a chuckle. Moments like those definitely put a smile on my face. I still don't really have a feel for how it went, but I'm slightly hopeful despite the large number of applicants.
Anyhoo...I'm off.

1 comments:
Well, they called my references. It's harder to not get my hopes up now. Fingers crossed.
Post a Comment