I'm in a bit of a funk today. Nothing serious; it's just one of those days where I tire of the fact that all of my boyfriends are fictional. I spent last night with the pie-maker and while he's the quintessential example of my "type," he's still not real. Pesky details, I know.
My funk, however, is besides the point. I was musing yesterday on something that regularly (if somewhat rarely) occupies my thoughts. *insert drum roll for dramatic effect*
The World.
No, seriously. Think about it. We're flying about the universe on what was once a teeny tiny speck of rock and is now (relatively speaking) a gigantic speck of rock, and on that rock somehow, defying all odds, there came to be things like chocolate and puppies and pie-makers. How f'ing fantastic is that? More to the point, how BIZZARE is that? I mean, if that doesn't qualify as a miracle, I don't know what does. Ok, yes, there are horrible things out there - more than I like to count. For every disease, every conflict, every piece of corruption, there are comfy sofas and madmen with a box and coffee and...
So, yes. Every so often I sit and think about how strange and wonderful and beautiful it is that all of these fantastic, weird things came from a tiny speck of rock. And, even when I'm in a funk, it makes me smile.

1 comments:
I remember reading somewhere that we're spinning about this oddball universe of ours at something approximating half the speed of light, when you take into account every bit of rotation out there from the Earth spinning to the entirety of the Milky Way spinning. ;)
Post a Comment