1.08.2016

Dream R and Book R (Dream #24)

This one was from a few days ago:

I told R (not my R, but his namesake) that I loved him. R also loved me, but had this weird ailment: his skin retained too much moisture. He told me that he had to go live in the desert because it was super dry and would keep his skin from...something. Excess wetness? Something weird and dreamy that doesn't make any sense at all in real life. I told him that we could have a long-distance relationship, because apparently my love for R didn't extend to living in the desert.

As far as book R goes, I have started the first chapter of the rough draft, finally. However, while working on that first paragraph, I began to have a feel for R's voice (good) and realized that I'll need to bulk up my science & math vocabulary to write him. I really did pick the most impossible book to write. And, since it had been so long since I'd worked on it, by the time I sat down and opened Scrivener, I couldn't even remember his best friend's name. I had been thinking Tom, not Alex(ander). I also remember almost nothing of the months of scientific research I did over the past year or so. Awesome. I'm going to have to work on it consistently if I want to retain enough to make any significant progress. 

However, that being said, I have a good feeling about it. I think the writing, slow that it is, has potential. I'm sure it will need a ton of editing, which fills me with dread, but I'm going to keep plodding forward. It's either that or go live in the desert with my fictional, wet-skinned boyfriend.

0 comments: