2.09.2012

Procrastination Party

It's a nice day, and while I managed to drag myself up to Ithaca, I'm sitting here sifting through that probably mostly fake auto-correct site and laughing so hard I'm annoying the woman with the ugly shoes sitting next to me. (Yeah, see, that's what you get for shooting me dirty looks, you sartorially challenged meany.)

I thought before about changing the direction of this blog to one that will focus more on the process of writing a novel, but since that will apparently take five years...Plus, I like writing down my weird dreams and my occasionally snarky musings. 

If anybody had told me that it would take this long to write a book, though, I might have been deterred. Well, probably not, but I would have thought twice about it. While drinking coffee. And playing Sims. Yeah, that could be a reason. I just don't know how to plow through a section when I know it needs a LOT of work, or skip through a section for a time when I can't figure out how to begin. So, it's taken me a scary amount of time, but I'm finally at 200 pages. Booyah. I'm still telling myself I'm 2/3 of the way there since my original goal was to write 300 pages, but the reality is the book will probably be closer to 400. Anyhoo...those auto-corrects won't read themselves. 

0 comments: