Seven plus months in at the new job, and it feels like home. A home filled with book-loving, liberal Whedonites. Really, you can't beat that. And today, due to Sandy, a home in which there's not much to do. So, I've returned. I have a back-log of lost words to post in the hopefully near future, but in the meantime, I wanted to post a small update. I feel more "me" here than I can recall feeling anywhere else, and it's been...therapeutic, I guess I'd say. It's been that, more than any of the past (recent or far) traumas, that's gotten the not-diet on the right track, a fact I find most interesting.
I'm still looking at too-expensive apartments in Ithaca, and occasionally giving myself a mental whack upside the head for wanting to increase my expenses exponentially just because it will *gasp* make me happy. I mean, really. The nerve. Who does such a thing? Still, given my plans for less than two years from now, it doesn't seem necessarily prudent. I'm trying to focus on getting the house into decent enough shape that I can rent or sell it, depending on what I'm permitted. It's a bit overwhelming, and I'm honestly a bit puzzled as to what the big hooplah is over home ownership. It's kind of a (major) pain in the ass, especially when you're gone twelve hours a day, five days a week and need work done on it. One thing at a time becomes...no thing at a time. Oh, and please don't look at my lawn, it's embarrassing. Thanks evah so much. Yep, I just mis-spelled on purpose. It's that kind of day.
Let's see, what else...I'm back to research mode on the book, now that the second draft is mostly done. I think there's a lot of work ahead to bring it from pretty decent to really good, so I'm hunkering down for the long haul and reading everything I can get my hands on. I consider it a sign of progress or maturation or something that I'm finally willing to actually read books on writing, actually.
And now some work has freed up, so I shall get back to it. I'll try to post more frequently now that I feel a bit more settled in and accustomed to getting up at 5:30am as opposed to going to sleep then. I still maintain it's not natural, though.
Stay shiny, my friends.

0 comments:
Post a Comment