I should have written these, especially the first one, down as soon as I woke up. Saturday night's was one of those that stayed with me all day, filling me with the desire to do nothing more than lounge in bed all day and revel in the strong emotions that seem to come with dreams such as that one...
Dream #19
His name was Ethan this time - only the second time, I think, that he's had a name (and that with the first one being Lavender.) It's made doubly weird by the fact that Ethan's my current top choice for my future son, should he ever make an appearance. There was a lot of never-give-up-because-true-love-is-eternal stuff, but the only thing I really remember is this bit at the (I think) end where I was standing at the bottom of what looked like a wide sort of well and he was about to jump in from the top. I had to throw up this...soap bubble thing so that it was parallel to the floor of the well and twirl my arm around and around to expand the thing so that when he jumped in, he would jump through it and, hopefully, appear on the other side. Or die. So, he jumps through, but doesn't come out the other end and at the instant I see his feet not emerge I leap from the edge with my arms thrown out, screaming his name, and close around...him. And as we're lying there, panting with exhaustion (panting is such an inelegant word, don't you think?) he says, "See? I told you there was a way." As in, you just had to have faith and leap, even when all evidence pointed to him being dead in that instant.
Dream #20
Daryl Motherf----ng Dixon time! Bring out the weaponry! Getting lessons from The Man on how to be an effective zombie-killing machine. Super long knife through mouth into brain. Chop Chop. Lots of DMFD. Twas a good dream. Gross, but good.

0 comments:
Post a Comment