1.13.2011

Lost Words #1

Twice a year, there is a massive book sale in Ithaca, NY. I go on the day when all of the books cost ten cents - I like to navigate the stacks and see what little treasures I can unearth. Last spring I found a postcard. On it was written something I found somewhat amazing, and I bought it. It cost a penny.

Last summer, I found a post-it in the parking garage across the street from my Starbucks. There was something written on it; the combination of content and handwriting struck me, and I picked it up. I saved it.

Last year (I don't remember when), I found two more of what I call lost words - one was a license plate and the other was a piece of graffiti that made me smile. I collect the words. I was hoping I would find them more easily, but so far I only have the four. I wanted to make a website for my writing projects - try to market myself, get some readers and possibly wiggle my way into getting paid for any of this. I bought the domain name - www.adriennecook.com is all mine. The problem is, I don't know anything about web design and I can't afford to hire somebody. I have a design in my head, and my lost words would fit in nicely.

In the meantime, I thought I would occasionally post the pictures here. If and when I ever do have actual content on my website, I will begin to transfer all of this over there. I hope you enjoy finding my lost words. I know I did.

0 comments: